There’s a quick getting started section below (also see the docs).
About the release
This release brings major new functionality to datapkg especially in regard to its integration with CKAN. datapkg now supports uploading as well as downloading and can now be easily extended via plugins. See the full changelog below for more details.
Get started fast
# 1. Install: (requires python and easy_install) $ easy_install datapkg # Or, if you don't like easy_install $ pip install datapkg or even the raw source! # 2. [optional] Take a look at the manual $ datapkg man # 3. Search for something $ datapkg search ckan:// gold gold-prices -- Gold Prices in London 1950-2008 (Monthly) # 4. Get some data # This will result in a csv file at /tmp/gold-prices/data $ datapkg download ckan://gold-prices /tmp
Find out more » — including how to create, register and distribute your own ‘data packages’.
- MAJOR: Support for uploading datapkgs (upload.py)
- MAJOR: Much improved and extended documenation
- MAJOR: New sqlite-based DB index giving support for a simple, central, ‘local’ index (ticket:360)
MAJOR: Make datapkg easily extendable
- Support for adding new Index types with plugins
- Support for adding new Commands with command plugins
- Support for adding new Distributions with distribution plugins
Improved package download support (also now pluggable)
- Reimplement url download using only python std lib (removing urlgrabber requirment and simplifying installation)
- Improved spec: support for db type index + better documentation
- Better configuration management (especially internally)
- Reduce dependencies by removing usage of PasteScript and PasteDeploy
- Various minor bugfixes and code improvements